So I realized last week how spoiled we were as Georgia fans to have Aaron Murray… well today I realized how nice it is to indeed have Mark Richt.
Did any of you see Bo Pelini’s conference following Nebraska’s loss to Iowa. Firstly, they are 8-4, not like they had a terrible season. He is such a douche/sore loser.
As if the drunken voicemail of him making fun of his fans earlier this year wasn’t enough he always yells at people after a loss. This time he said “if you want to fire me, go ahead”. That dude is a disgrace.
Luckily there are good respectful coaches out there like David Shaw, Mike Riley, and our own Mark Richt
Take a look at this article. Murray is going to be one of those “you don’t know what you got till it’s gone” scenarios. A true leader.
But then again, I’m sure the QBs at Auburn, FSU, A&M, are doing great things off the field too when they aren’t under investigation.
I never thought I would watch an ending again as painful as the Bama game last year… I was wrong.
I don’t really know what to say, they fought their asses off making that almost best comeback ever. 3 things i will say:
- Auburn’s only 2 wins in the last 8 years have come with QBs kicked out of other schools. How does that make you feel about your program auburn?
- I hate the 4th and long plays where we just rush 3 guys… maybe if we blitzed Marshall never would have had a chance to heave one.
- Aaron Murray is a damn good dawg.
Good win yesterday, I was telling my west coast friends that it’s safe to say we are at least the most entertaining team to watch week after week. After the injuries though, lots of new guys are going to have to step up. I’m still waiting on Jonathon Rumph, I know he has been hampered a bit but if I’m Richt, I’m telling him this week that is playing Saturday.
My god, I’m writing this post from the ER following my 4th quarter heart attack. We finally got one. It wasn’t that pretty though. Here are a few notes and thoughts:
- Watching Richt and Murray after the game almost made me tear up. You could just feel this was going to be one of those games that we let slip away at the end yet again. Thank goodness.
- Murray had a great game after that 1st interception. He has now beaten two teams ranked 6th in the last few weeks. Hopefully he keeps it going.
- Pray for the health of Gurley… we sure didn’t run it very well without him
- Our Defense needs some work… a lot of work. They look so confused play after play. I know our young guys want to keep things in front of them but Langley has got to press a bit more rather than giving such a huge cushion.
- You knew Leonard Floyd was going to have a break out game at some point. Luckily it was against a good team.
- I have been waiting all season for Jordan Jenkins to try and jump over a block, the last play of the game seems as good a time as any. Almost worked too.
- Luckily we have a bye week for gurley to rest. And by bye week I mean Tennessee.
- Marshall Morgan had a hell of a game. Hit a 55 yarder and we ended up winning by 3. Nice job.
- In the end, it feels good to be on the winning end of one of those epic Field Goal games. Good day to be a Dawg.
I graduated from Harrison High School in 2000. We’ve had some good athletes come out of the overpopulated Kennesaw school. Most people may know of the Patterson brothers, Corey and Eric who both played in the MLB for several years and i think still play at some level of professional baseball. Good guys.
But there was also another good duo of brothers to come out of Harrison. Price Oliver and younger brother Paul Oliver were both studs on the Harrison football team. Price was a year older and Paul was 2 years younger than me. I had mutual friends of both.
I still remember telling Paul in high school ”please be a dawg”. And a few years later i would see him on campus in Athens, we would talk for a bit, then i would make fun of calvin johnson and we would part ways. He was always a nice guy.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Price and his Family for their loss.
Damn good Dawg
immediate thoughts on that barn burner:
- Hey, we have fullbacks. Quayvon is the man, i’m really glad Bobo utilized them more and also hit Lynch more often.
- Murray had a signature win, and it wasnt a game gurley won for him. 4 Td, 300 yards, and no turnovers… he will sleep well tonight
- We got to see the White Adrian Peterson and he didn’t disappoint.
- We will be back in the top 10
- Gurley may win the heisman this year.
- Our D has 3 weeks till LSU… thank goodness
- Feels good. We needed this one
Looking at Clemson’s AP rankings over the last 10 years I’m trying to figure out how they are regarded as a top program. Here is a list of their preseason AP ranking and their final AP ranking for the last 10 years.
They have started in the top 20 four times, and ended in the top 20 once. Aside from where you start how can you have 1 top 20 finish in ten years and be anything other than an average program… but they are not near an average program to their delusional fans.
I’m feelin good about tonight.